SSL GOLD CUP
For the first time in history, Sailing has its own World Cup: the SSL Gold Cup. Like Football or any other major sports, Sailors from every country can now confront their skills with their national team without financial nor technological distinctions to become the World Best Sailing Nation.
From May 19th until July 17th, 30 national teams sailed in Lake Neuchatel, Grandson (Switzerland) at the SSL Gold Cup Qualifying Series. 45 races and 5 rounds later, 16 teams are through the SSL Gold Cup Final Series and will join the top 24 seeded teams in Bahrain (October 29 – November 20).
But without the public, sport is nothing. Football star Eric Cantona rightly put it: “A match behind closed doors is not a football match”. And that applies to Sailing as well. After the QS, the audience proved SSL Gold Cup QS were no races behind closed doors making historical audiences for a first edition.
- Number of articles on digital, newspapers and magazines: +350
- TV news Broadcast: 45
- Number of countries reached: 30
- Instagram: from 300 fans before QS. Now + 2900
- Best Instagram Reel viewed: 33.5k
- Number of Lives produced: 10 days
- Global YouTube Qualifying Series Live audience: 35k
- Daily website visit during QS: 1,500
By the Final Series taking place in Bahrain, our goal is to reach 1,000,000 viewers on our Lives on YouTube, Twitch and national channels to make the SSL Gold Cup a global and major event! Thanks for watching and keep following us!