GKA Big Air World Championships 2022
Kiteboarding’s biggest event is set to explode with the first official world titles for Big Air Kiteboarding in Twintip, Strapless and Hydrofoil disciplines
The GKA is proud to announce the Big Air World Championships in Balneario, Tarifa, Spain.
Taking place from June 20th-July 6th, 2022, this event will host 72 big air warriors, going head-to-head outside of old town Tarifa at Balneario.
WHO WILL COMPETE?
TWIN-TIP: 24 men, 12 women
STRAPLESS: 12 men, 12 women
HYDROFOIL: 12 men, 12 women
HOW RIDERS WILL QUALIFY FOR EACH DISCIPLINE:
- Top 4 freestyle male riders from the 2021 GKA Kite World Tour ranking are already pre-qualified
- Top 4 riders from the Full Power Tarifa qualifier event running in May 2022
- 8 entries through video entry
- 8 entries through GKA wildcard invitations
- Top 4 hydrofoil and strapless kite-surf male and female riders and also top 4 freestyle female riders from the 2021 GKA Kite World Tour rankings are already pre-qualified
- 4 entries through video entry
- 4 entries through GKA wildcard invitations
If you would like to enter the event through the video application process, please visit this page for more information and to register.